Friday, May 30, 2008

Please help me choose!

So after the pet photo contest fell through (turns out you have to pay $15 for every photo you enter!) I started looking for other photo contests. This is also a calendar photo contest- for Saskatchewan. I need to pick 2 photos to enter by Sunday and they need to have been taken in Saskatchewan (not hard, most of my photos are). Here are a few that I was thinking of- it's tough because some of my favourites just don't have that happy calendar feel to them! Let me know if you have any favourites in this batch or in other posts. I may find a few more to add tonight.

This one I've posted before. I love the composition on it and it gives a unique perspective of one of the bridges. It needs to be black and white because there are bright coloured vehicles on the bridge that distract from the rest of the photo.


This is one of my first and favourite shots. I'm not sure I *can* enter it though- it was previously published in our local newspaper and I can't remember which "rights" I signed over to them. It's completely untouched by the way- just a little cropping to remove part of the bridge railing I managed to catch in the bottom of the shot.


I really love this bridge photo- it's just not that unique. Again, it's completely natural lighting (no contrast and saturation increase here!).


This bridge photo is a little more unique- foggy!


This is a photo from my parents' farm. I like it in sepia but I'm not sure if it suits a calendar photo. I need to get the colour one off of the external hard drive to see how it looks and if it would work better. I like the idea of submitting a city photo and a rural photo :) It's my dad's favourite shot too.


Another foggy bridge- this is my favourite bridge.


I'm just not sure I'm happy with any of them! Maybe I'll get some time to take some great photos on Saturday ...

6 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

First of all - you do such a good job, it's very hard to pick. I like the geese picture. I agree with you that the color University bridge pic isn't quite unique enough (beautiful as it is). I really love the the foggy bridge pics (is the latter Victoria bridge?) and the old barn is fantastic. If I could only pick 2 it would be the old barn and one of the foggy bridge pics. Well done!!! and good luck!

Janny A. said...

^ I'm with Deanne on this! Exactly what she said! :)

Great pictures!!

Sondra said...

I love #2 or #3, those are the ones I would love to have on my wall.

katei371 said...

So cool...the one that appeals to me personally is the first foggy bridge, it's just so eerily beautiful!

Theresa T said...

I think that the second or third ones would be best for a calendar-the colours are bright which is what seems to be in them nowadays.

Candice said...

Thanks everyone! I decided to use the farm one and a slightly cropped version of the first foggy bridge (to remove the street light). Hopefully one of them is chosen!