Sunday, May 18, 2008

Oh how I love macro....

I love macro photography! The flowers on the trees in the backyard are amazing and smell so good. I decided I would take advantage and slap on my extension tubes and cheap 50mm f2.0 lens. All of these photos are uncropped and some are unprocessed as well- although the extension tubes do underexpose the photos a bit. Tomorrow I want to try to get some insect photos and try to get even closer by using all of the extension tubes instead of just two of them. They're the same flowers in the post below.







I also took a few with my lensbaby- once again, the effect is done entirely by the lens :) The dandelion shot is definitely one of my favourites from the weekend!


8 comments:

Callista said...

I love macro too! And love that they are untouched or uncropped, I am almost always too lazy to touch up or crop my pictures haha. The dandelion one is awesome :D

katei371 said...

I love these shots! I love how the lens does the work for you; I'm jealous! The first picture is really amazing.

Jenn said...

Again, very hard to choose a favourite (but why should I?!?!) but the first and last ones really got my attention!! BEA-U-TI-FUL!

Theresa T said...

I love the softness of the first and third flower photos. The way the dadelion photo turned out is so neat.

jillian said...

The first picture is just stunning!! So that short focla length you're getting is fully from the lense? That's awesome!

Sondra said...

The dandelion one is very cool!

Pam said...

I love your lensbaby! Really like the effects.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Great macro shots (those are my fav too).

The effect created by that other lens (sorry, I don't know all the lingo) is really neat.