Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A couple more from the weekend

This shot was taken from our car as we drove down the highway. I was trying to capture the rays of sunshine emanating from the sun. It ended up being kind of neat because the foreground is blurred due to the movement of the car. I thought of using it in the photo contest- probably for the song "Wide Open Spaces" by The Dixie Chicks.


This is a shot I took of Kira hanging out in the backyard- she was so happy to have somehere to run!


This picture is of a couple of purple martens hanging out on a electrical wire in the back alley of my sister's house. The sky looked really cool with the cold processing effect! I'm using it as my contest entry for "A picture is worth a 1000 lyrics". It suits the Leonard Cohen song "Bird on the wire" well I think.


7 comments:

Alycia Hildebrand said...

Love your contest entry!! Great shots!!

Jenn said...

I adore clouds and that is one gorgeous cloud shot!! I also really like the birds - great effect!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow - love the birds on a wire!!!

katei371 said...

The first picture is great, I love taking pictures from moving cars, you get some surprising effects!

Also, I love me some Leonard Cohen, so I LOVE your entry!

Jenn M said...

love them :) great shots today

Unknown said...

Hey, we are a band from Scotland and we really love this photo. How can we contact you to talk to you about the possibility of using it?

yours faithfully

Ardentjohn

Unknown said...

oh, our email is ardentjohn@gmail.com!