Sunday, July 13, 2008

Street Photography

This week I was able to choose the theme for the photo contest and I decided it would be street photography. I knew my new 70-300mm lens would come in handy for it :) I have to say that I love the pictures I get of people in real situations without all the fake staging. But I felt really awkward taking pictures of people, especially because my camera with the lens at 300mm is just a tad conspicuous. The other problem I had was that I injured my foot while running on Saturday morning and so I had a hard time getting out and actually taking a few pictures, but I did get it done (and hopefully didn't injure my foot any further!). Here are a few of my favourites from the day!







6 comments:

vivi's mom said...

I really love the water park shot. I just clicked on it to see it big and I love how the water droplets seem to be stuck in time.

Jenn said...

The one at the water park is also my favourite!

Candice said...

LOL, I was trying to pick between that one and the old lady on the bike for the contest- DH liked the old lady one because I kept it in colour. But maybe I'll switch them...

Jenn M said...

The waterpark one is fantastic!! :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love them!! I think I like the water park the best. You always do such a good job! :)

Alycia Hildebrand said...

LOVe the waterpark one! But they're all great!!