Saturday, March 15, 2008

I probably broke Helix's paw!



So Thursday night we were out for our run/walk and Helix crossed over in front of me and I stepped on his paw. He didn't yelp or anything so I didn't think anything of it. Later that night he started to favour that leg and then he wouldn't walk on it at all! We were worried he had torn a ligament playing with Kira (which would be very serious and would likely require surgery). Eventually we figured out that it was probably his paw; we took him to the vet and the vet thought that was likely it as well. He has some painkillers now and today he's been walking on it. In fact, it doesn't look like it hurts him at all! But we still need to keep him relatively inactive so that it heals correctly. Poor little guy, I feel so bad!

5 comments:

Jenn M said...

awe :( Hopefully he's feeling better soon :(

Sondra said...

Poor Helix! And poor mommy! I hate when you accidently hurt your pet, it makes you feel so guilty eh! Chloe ran in front of me last week and I tripped right over her. I felt horrible.

Katherine said...

Awwww poor little guy! I know what you mean though, one of my cats silently stands behind me if I'm in the kitchen baking then when I step backwards I have stepped on him many many times.

Christy said...

Poor pup! DH stepped on our little one's foot last night and while puppy was okay, DH felt aweful.

Hope he feels better soon.

Pam said...

I hope he is doing well!